Lutcher and Moore Lumber Co. headquarters
The Lutcher and Moore Lumber Co. headquarters building off Childers Road along the south side of the Sabine River was built in 1913 and served as the headquarters until the company ceased operations in the 1930s. For more than a half century, the mission-style building has been the home to Port of Orange administrative offices. Some employees have heard strange noises while others have sworn objects have moved. Although “Old Lutch” has not been seen at the Port Of Orange in a number of years, there were reports of a seeing his ghost in years past. Employees have reported seeing the ghost on the stairs. There have also been reports of the sounds of children playing in the annex, which was built in 1956. There are no children present when they are heard, however.